Go to Top
  • No products in the cart.

How to get a Scottish Personal Licence

How to apply for Scottish personal licence-2

How to apply for a Scottish Personal Licence

A personal licence is required by anyone authorising the sale of alcohol from a licensed premises. All licensed premises must have an allocated personal licence holder, known as the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS). The DPS must authorise every sale of alcohol.

In order to obtain a Scottish Personal Licence applicants must be 18 years of age or above and will need the following:

  • Personal Licence application form – Obtained from local council or licensing authority.
  • Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (SCPLH) qualification certificate (The original) – Book Your SCPLH Course here
  • Disclosure and Barring Service (this replaces the CRB check)  – Can be obtained from Disclosure Scotland or £25 (N.B – check valid for 28days)
  • Two passport-size photos – Signed by a professional to prove the identity of the applicant – CLICK HERE for the list of who can sign (I hereby certify this as a true likeness of (applicant’s name) –  Professionals name / Date / Job title)
  • Application fee – For Glasgow City Council it is £50

All of the above must be submitted to the local council (where the applicant lives) in order to apply for the licence to sell alcohol.

Share Button
, , , , , , , ,