- Common hazards and risks in a construction environment
- Safe manual handling practices
- Working safely at height
- Working safely around plant and machinery
- Team work and safe working practices in the construction industry
This course is delivered over 1 full day, however, most of the course content is covered via distance learning.
The class timings are usually 9am to 5pm. As an entry requirement, all learners must possess language skills equivalent to ESOL qualification at SCQF Level 5 awarded by SQA and be over the age of 16
This assessment is an ongoing assessment of learner knowledge throughout the duration of the course. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus.
This assessment is supported and assessed by the nominated tutor/assessor and records are maintained and held at the centre for quality assurance purposes
Upon successful completion candidates will receive a HABC Level 1 Award in Health and Safety for Construction (QCF)
If you work in a labouring occupation you can apply for the labourer card. You will need to provide evidence that you have achieved QCF/SCQF Level 1 Award Health and Safety in a Construction Environment.
You must also pass the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment test within two years prior to applying for a new card. You can find out more about the test here.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Professional and multilingual support team
- Fantastic results across all courses
- 100% positive feedback from customers
- Quick and 100% free examination re-sits
- ILA approved learning provider