- Working in the private security industry
- Security Guard Specialist Module
- Conflict Management Modul
On successful completion of the course, and passing the required examinations, delegates will receive a BTEC level 2 award in security guarding issued by Edexcel. Successful candidates can apply for an SIA Security Guard’s Licence which will allow the individual to operate as a qualified Security Guard in any part of the United Kingdom.
The total time specified in this syllabus is a minimum of 30 hours of lecturing and practical work, so the course is usually delivered in 4 consecutive days.
Unit 1 – 3 are assessed externally using the following pattern.
- 20-question multiple-choice examination paper
- Successful candidates must achieve a score of at least 14 out of 20
- Examination duration 30 minutes